1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Android Icon Utils: Easily browse and copy And

Hi.

We've created a tool for browsing and copying Android SDK icons and icons from other sources to your project.
    This is recommended procedure for Android apps to be backwards compatible between SDK releases and to give more control over the visuals for different SDK versions.

(Since I'm a new user, I'm not allowed to post links to external sites to avoid spam.. So you'll have to copy/paste these to your browser)
    Project Home: redmine.simendsjo.me/projects/android-icon-utils
    Download: redmine.simendsjo.me/projects/android-icon-utils/files
    Documentation: redmine.simendsjo.me/projects/android-icon-utils/wiki/User_Guide

Some features:
    • Works on multiple Android SDKs, external icon bundles, or ever your own Android apps
    • Groups icons by name so you don't have to search through multiple folders
    • Filtering based on icon name
    • Sort icons based on best matching qualifiers
    • Copy icons to project
    • Easy integration with IDEs to launch your project directly

Use the links in the Help menu to submit bugs and feature requests (this requires registering using the link at the top right of the site).

Any feedback appreciated! Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks!

This sounds awesome! I might use these sites in the future to make sure I develop backwards-compatible apps.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by darthvader45
    This sounds awesome! I might use these sites in the future to make sure I develop backwards-compatible apps.
    Good to hear. It's not only backwards compatible, but also forwards compatible. If an icon you use changes or gets removed in a future SDK, your users will get some unexpected results. Testing for all Android versions in use would be too tedious, so making a copy of the icons will give you mare control on how your app will look on various devices.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok, thank you. If you see my question on how to store lines in an arraylist, feel free to help me out. I'm kinda stumped. I've created an object, but it apparently doesn't want to work with me here.
    My Question

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo