1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Guide me , I need advice about app idea

Hello ,

I'm noob here , And I just hope you guys can help me ^_^

I need ur advices about how to start my new app , This app will be for my graduation project :$

My whole idea is app have students/users , every user have ID/student ID & password to login .
    after that the student will see his marks in table , and in other activity the student will see his courses and some info about those courses , etc..
    and the teacher can send message for whole class about homework or just announcement .

Now how can I start working for this app , What I need exactly !!
    sure this app need internet connection to get this info , I think the info gd to store in MySQL database or I don't know u guys know better than me.
    So I need solutions about this idea app , Finally sorry if my English wasn't that good and that clearness .

My Java is gd not that bad , But this is the first time for me in Android .
    I don't need u guys help me with the code , I'm learning Android now .
    But my problem is how to start and what should I use to make this app .

Thank u guys =)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Some things to consider

It's over a month, but nobody has answered yet so here are some thoughts.

What you're describing needs the app to cooperate with a website, so it's not just an Android programming problem. I've built a couple of products that do this and I'd be happy to share some knowledge. Here's an outline of the basic building blocks.

For the server I always use PHP. I have my own lightweight CMS framework that makes it relatively simple to set up a job like this. Apart from the messaging between the app and the server you'll also need a management area where you can monitor the system from a browser. I find it handy to have expertise with both Java and PHP; it's a relatively uncommon combination that opens up some interesting job opportunities.

At the Android end there's a GUI the user interacts with. Behind the scenes it has an HTTP module that sends messages to the web server and collects the replies. A bit like using AJAX in a browser, you could say. Because replies come back asynchronously you need a mechanism to inform the Activity when they arrive. I do this with a simple listener interface.

I usually do my GUI prototyping using another of my own tools; a high-level scripting toolkit that runs on Android to edit, compile and run scripts. It's called EasyCoder and it's on the Play Store.

If you'd like more information just ask.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo