1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to install to a device?

I've been using Eclipse and testing my apps via USB debugging, and that works fine, but there doesn't seem to be a way to install my app permanently to a device. The only way to run my app on my device seems to be to have the device connected via a USB, and run eclipse on the PC. I've also tried: "adb install" command, which reports success, but I don't see anything on my device that would allow me to run the application. I see it in settings->apps, which gives me the option of uninstalling it, but nothing more.

adb reports having installed it to: pkg: /data/local/tmp/app.apk, but that location doesn't seem to exist on the device, or on the SD card either.

I have however, succeeded in downloading it via an email attachment. I ended up finding it (the .apk) in a "download" folder in the SD card. I can "click" on it and that gives it a check-mark next to it. To what end, I do not know... it still doesn't allow me to run the app independently on the device.

These are the things I've tried. Surely someone around here has succeeded in installing their apps on an android device. What did you do?

I'm using a Zenithink 7'' U-pad.
    Android version 4.0.3
    kernel version 2.6.34
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

did you have a launcher intent in your androidmanifest.xml?

Code:
    <activity
                android:name=".MainActivity"
                android:label="@string/app_name" >
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                </intent-filter>
            </activity>
    this should add a launcher icon on you application drawer.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo