1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

JellyBean MR1 -- Wireless & Networks options not appearing

Hi,

I am porting a WiFi driver to ANDROID JB-MR1 using a proprietary tarball for a MIPS based platform. When I build and load ANDROID binaries, everything is fine -- except that, I am unable to see Wireless & Networks options on the Settings screen. All the 3 options related to Wireless & Network settings (to enable WiFi, Bluetooth and Data usage) have disappeared from the settings page. However all other items in the page are in tact.

* I am able to build, load the WiFi driver, launch wpa_supplicant and even scan for Routers using command line (wpa_cli).
    * I think I have all the changes needed in hardware/libhardware_legacy/wifi/wifi.c
    * My frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI/AndroidManifest.xml file has the entry:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE " />

What else, am I missing here?

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture

Further to the query above, I believe there is a place where we specify the device capabilities such as WiFi and Bluetooth based on which the ANDROID UI settings appear. Right?

Can anybody point me to such a build setting?

Thanks.
  5. No Profile Picture

My Bad...a missing WiFi permission as a result of messing up with the existing directory structure.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Bro,i would like to suggest you go to xda developers forum and search there.you will find there solution.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo