January 13th, 2013 until December 31st, 2013
Wanted: More stuff in our FAQs and Stickies subforum
For those of you who haven't noticed that we (and most forums on this site) have a "PHP FAQs and Stickies" subforum, where have you been hiding? The thing is that we don't have a lot of material in there: some of the stickies are a bit old and there's only a couple threads in there that have been updated in many months.
So how about getting your name out there by writing something for it? Pick a subject you know well and write something for others to read and learn. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Sticky forms
- Session management
- Database best practices - as they relate to PHP, of course
- Caching, with or without PHP extensions (apc and memcached to name a couple)
- Debugging problems with your code
- Security principles and practices
- Primers to WordPress/Drupal/Joomla/etc.
- Primers to Zend Framework/Symfony/etc.
Things to keep in mind:
- Know what you're talking about first - bad advice is worse than no advice
- Be able to write well - you don't have to be a literary prodigy but decent writing skills mean a lot
- We'd like to have seen you around here for a while - gotten to know you and your skillset
- Pick a good subject - a tutorial on Hyperwave won't be as useful as one on mbstring
- Everything is a work in progress - we might edit your post(s) over time as the subject changes or if others give good suggestions and feedback