1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

AV.exe virus removal

I know there are a ton of articles online about getting rid of the AV.exe file, or Antimalware 2010 if you prefer. However, they only tell me how to remove it in the earlier stages. My boyfriend recently told me he's had this problem with his laptop (running XP) for over a month and nothing he's tried has worked. I edited the registry just fine like the forums say, but the virus won't let me install any form of antivirus software. Malwarebytes, Stopzilla, etc... none of them can be installed because they all come up with the same error, even when trying to install them from a flashdrive. I need help with this ASAP.
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by veronaqueen
    I know there are a ton of articles online about getting rid of the AV.exe file, or Antimalware 2010 if you prefer. However, they only tell me how to remove it in the earlier stages. My boyfriend recently told me he's had this problem with his laptop (running XP) for over a month and nothing he's tried has worked. I edited the registry just fine like the forums say, but the virus won't let me install any form of antivirus software. Malwarebytes, Stopzilla, etc... none of them can be installed because they all come up with the same error, even when trying to install them from a flashdrive. I need help with this ASAP.
    They come up with the same error? What error would that be?

Try renaming the installation file to something non-infection related. If that works and it installs, you may need to rename the .exe file as well.

You can also try going into Safe Mode to install the files.

There's also the option of reinstalling Windows completely. (Of course for this option, make sure all your data is backed up)
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

hi,

is there any other trick for it?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo