1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

AVG Support is rubbish!

Hi All,

Has anyone noticed in the last couple of months the rubbish service that you now receive from AVG?

I bought AVG Internet Security 9.0 from the internet (not AVG) and installed it.

However when installing the software an error then occured, so I phoned AVG support, got through to an English call centre, which was great and I was thinking "Wow and English call centre, you never get these anymore!" so I spoke to a lady on the phone who was lovely, I told them my problem and they said to me "I will have to transfer you to VDH (virgin)".

I had the crappiest support from Virgin who then said we will fix it for 30! I mean I just bought the product! it states free technical support from AVG! However they ship you off to Virgin who then want more money out of you!

Great support AVG, brilliant support. Just another money grabbing company. I would even say Kaspersky or even McAfee have better support than AVG, at least they fix it!

AVG used to have great support. Now I just think what a load of c**p.

Anyone had the same problem?

Greig
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

AVG isn't doing a great job protecting my computer eather..i've been through almost every anti-virus and i guess i'm going back to Eset Nod32. Btw, if u still need help with the error just lmk.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo