1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Small business virus package

Hi all,

I work for a small software company with 6 employees.

Our office has at most 4 staff working at one time, but sometimes up to 6 computers running.

All computers are networked and linked to a central domain server which handles the logins.

We have another server which handles our SQL databases and file shares.

All computers connect to a hub which is then connected to the router and into the wall. The domain server is also our DNS server.

We are looking for an antivirus package that offers the following:
    Incoming file scanning
    virus scanning
    HTTP traffic monitoring
    Spyware protection (optional)

We are happy with using Windows Firewall.

As mentioned above, spyware protection is optional as it can slow down browser performance..

We ultimately want something light weight and unobtrusive - being a software company we would prefer something a bit more complicated and configurable than something simplified, standardised and easy. If something were to go wrong I'm sure we wouldn't have much trouble putting it right but time is money...

Thanks in advance,
    Max.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by mdgm
    Hi all,

I work for a small software company with 6 employees.

Our office has at most 4 staff working at one time, but sometimes up to 6 computers running.

All computers are networked and linked to a central domain server which handles the logins.

We have another server which handles our SQL databases and file shares.

All computers connect to a hub which is then connected to the router and into the wall. The domain server is also our DNS server.

We are looking for an antivirus package that offers the following:
    Incoming file scanning
    virus scanning
    HTTP traffic monitoring
    Spyware protection (optional)

We are happy with using Windows Firewall.

As mentioned above, spyware protection is optional as it can slow down browser performance..

We ultimately want something light weight and unobtrusive - being a software company we would prefer something a bit more complicated and configurable than something simplified, standardised and easy. If something were to go wrong I'm sure we wouldn't have much trouble putting it right but time is money...

Thanks in advance,
    Max.
    Hello mate,

I work for AIS (Access Information Security) and I will be able to sort something out for you if you're still looking. Give me a call on 01293 22 99 07. Rgds,

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo