1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My computer is being force shutdown

Hello, my dell running windows 7 appears to have gotten a virus. It starts up and for about 5 minutes it will be fine. However, after a while security essentials and malwarebytes start blocking a bunch of actions and then it blue screens. I tried a system restore and that didn't work. I also ran a bunch of scans. Malware claims it can't find anything but security essentials found a couple of trojans called Trojan.DOS/Alureon.A. This might be the problem but I can't be sure. Any help would be appreciated.
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by buffalo
    Hello, my dell running windows 7 appears to have gotten a virus. It starts up and for about 5 minutes it will be fine. However, after a while security essentials and malwarebytes start blocking a bunch of actions and then it blue screens. I tried a system restore and that didn't work. I also ran a bunch of scans. Malware claims it can't find anything but security essentials found a couple of trojans called Trojan.DOS/Alureon.A. This might be the problem but I can't be sure. Any help would be appreciated.
    Couple of questions:

1) You mention the computer blue screens after about 5 minutes. Are you running the malwarebytes scans for that five minutes until it blue screens?

2) Can you boot into safe mode to run scans?
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. No Profile Picture

Scans

It is able to boot in safe mode but I can't run combofix because it shuts down about halfway through. The error message I receive tells me it has something to do with the hard drive. I am am hoping it isn't a hardware error.
  7. No Profile Picture

The malwarebytes scans get done. Sometimes it shuts down during security essentials scans.
  9. They're coming to take me away

In Safe Mode, go ahead and run through the Sticky at the top of the Antivirus forum entitled "If you have infection issues, start here first.."
  11. No Profile Picture

Solved

It turned out to be a root kit. I had to wipe everything clean. Thanks anyway
  13. No Profile Picture

Still going

Originally Posted by hiker
    In Safe Mode, go ahead and run through the Sticky at the top of the Antivirus forum entitled "If you have infection issues, start here first.."
    Now the computer is up and running but something is still going on. We cannot download anything even antivirus software or mozilla and all it says is
    "C:/localsettings/Temporary Internet Files /Content.IE5/5XGTBBf4/Setup[1].exe is not a valid Win32 application"

I don't know if it is corrupted or what but any help would be appreciated.
  15. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by buffalo
    Now the computer is up and running but something is still going on. We cannot download anything even antivirus software or mozilla and all it says is
    "C:/localsettings/Temporary Internet Files /Content.IE5/5XGTBBf4/Setup[1].exe is not a valid Win32 application"

I don't know if it is corrupted or what but any help would be appreciated.
    That error usually means that the installation file you downloaded is not for your particular version of Windows. Verify you're downloading the correct version (32 bit) for whatever software you want to download
  17. No Profile Picture

go to start->mssconfig->and hit normal start up and ok then restart and it must be fine

Comments on this post

• hiker disagrees : Why must it be fine?
  19. No Profile Picture

hiker if you disagree let you know that a keylogger can put a virus to his pc and he would not be able to start up his computer got it?i know lot about hacking ive been to hackforums!
    Last edited by hiker; July 12th, 2011 at 08:47 AM.
  21. They're coming to take me away

hiker if you disagree let you know that a keylogger can put a virus to his pc and he would not be able to start up his computer got it?i know lot about hacking ive been to hackforums!

Read the entire thread:
    1) he wiped the computer clean.
    2) what does viruses and keyloggers have to do with hacking?
    3) he cant install a program... So whats this have to do with a keylogger?

Most of your posts are useless, uninformative, and seen to be to try and bump your post count... Tread lightly.
  23. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by hiker

Read the entire thread:
    1) he wiped the computer clean.
    2) what does viruses and keyloggers have to do with hacking?
    3) he cant install a program... So whats this have to do with a keylogger?

Most of your posts are useless, uninformative, and seen to be to try and bump your post count... Tread lightly.
    You can't imagine what a virus can do .bat is the worst one files if he click one he could not be able to see his bios so he would not be able to make a format sometimes .bat files is good and sometimes bad but mostly bad .

1.It doesht mean anything that,if i will format my pc and then click a virus it would happen the same thing .
    2.Keylogger click here to find out what is it,it stores the passwords and username of when you trying for instance to connect to facebook is like phising.

What is rat click here with rat he can do whetever he wants sending all the day virus to his pc he can even make money with it....

3.He might not be a keylogger he might be rat and with rat can send a bat files who can happen even more bad things....

Some examples:
    Slow down your pc
    Shutdown

et.c

anything else to ask?
  25. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by hourb

anything else to ask?
    Yes. Learn to read properly if you're going to try and offer a rebuttal. I already know what infections and keyloggers are. I have been dealing with these for many years. This still has nothing to do with hacking. Phishing is not hacking. Going to hacking forums does NOT mean that you know how to hack.

My original disagreement with your post was in you saying to go to msconfig and selecting normal and saying that "must" take care of the problem. If it was already set to normal, would it still take care of the problem? You have no way to determine what the problem is and by offering a solution that "must" take care of the problem without asking for more info or anything is premature.

This is my last unofficial warning to you: Read the forum rules and learn the proper way to post and "try" to offer assistance.

Please do not respond back to this post unless it is to try and offer assistance to the original poster as this is NOT the place to try and defend the reasoning behind you being wrong.
  27. Hats off to Mr. Joseph donahue
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by hourb
    He might not be a keylogger he might be rat
    This should be in the jokes thread

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo