1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Computer running too slow

Hello Guys,
    I have 1GB RAM in my laptop and even after that my computer runs really slow. I dont know whats wrong with this.

Please check this hijackthis.log file and help me out.

thanks.
    Attached Files
  3. www.devhardware.com/forums

I recommend doing this yourself at www.hijackthis.de because you know which services you are running yourself and you can analyze that.

However, when I did the same, I am getting following messages.

A newer version of service pack is available. Service packs increase the safety of your system. Visit Microsoft's windowsupdate site to download the newest version of the service pack.

It seems that you don't use an anti-virus scanner or your scanner is not active. Only an anti-virus scanner can protect you against new viruses. You can look here for a good anti-virus scanner.

No active firewall was found on your system or the firewall you use is unknown to us. If you donīt use a firewall you should download and install one or activate windows xpīs own one. In case you got questions or you want us to add the firewall you use to our database, contact us at our forum www.hijackthis-forum.de
    Your version of Hijackthis is old as well. That was one of the warnings.

So, upgrade your hijackthis and run the scan again, submit at website above and it will give you analysis.

There might be lots of other reasons why your laptop runs slow. IIRC from other thread, it is an old laptop, right? Please run spyware/virus scans as well. And give us detailed specs as adding chunks of RAM doesn't dramatically speed up a system.
    For your more complex hardware related problems, visit DevShed's sister forums: DevHardware
    If you don't already know about it, please checkout our guide to Folding@Home . Join DevHardware team and help cure diseases. Your support is valuable and much appreciated. *
  5. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Thread moved from CPU help to Anti-Virus help. If this turns out to be hardware related, I will move it back. Any problems with this, then just PM me.

Before you run HJT again, can you please run Spybot S & D and Ad-Aware. Before running these two, remember to update your definitions. Also, run a thorough Virus scan. If you don't have an up-to-date AV installed, then have a look at AVG Free, which is a very good free av scanner. After you have done this, then post a fresh HJT log directly into the post and please use the latest version which is 1.99.1.

Also, as t3j45 said, can you please post your hardware specs too.
  7. www.devhardware.com/forums

In fact, I suggested a whole lot of things he could do, in other thread where he originally asked the question. He hasn't shown back though..
    For your more complex hardware related problems, visit DevShed's sister forums: DevHardware
    If you don't already know about it, please checkout our guide to Folding@Home . Join DevHardware team and help cure diseases. Your support is valuable and much appreciated. *
  9. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by t3j45
    He hasn't shown back though..
    And until he does, there is little we can do

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo