1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have a dilly of a virus...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I am running a fairly recent dell desktop.

Out of nowhere, something changed and now, whenever I try and download (or run) ANY PROGRAM IN THE WORLD I get a box when it hits 100% of the scan that says the file I was downloading contains a virus and has been deleated.
    I have even tried to take the file (Microsoft essentials for example) on a thumbdtrive and load it to the C drive in safe mode. then when I click on it...yep, you guessed it...the same "contains a virus" error message and the file is deleated.
    I did have security essentials running before and it is now gone. I also ran malwherebytes and super ad ware and neither finds anything but a few cookies.

anybody have a clue what I might have, or what I can look for and deleate in my registry. all I want to do is be able to download security essentials and then let it clean things up. ideas?? mucho thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

fixed

got it fixed (If you are have the same problem)
    I copied my Microsoft defender file folder from my laptop, and copied it to the infected laptop using a thumbdrive and rebooted...this fixed the "cant download problem) then I downloaded a great antivirus program called hitman...ran it and all is good again.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ruger22com
    I am running a fairly recent dell desktop.

Out of nowhere, something changed and now, whenever I try and download (or run) ANY PROGRAM IN THE WORLD I get a box when it hits 100% of the scan that says the file I was downloading contains a virus and has been deleated.
    I have even tried to take the file (Microsoft essentials for example) on a thumbdtrive and load it to the C drive in safe mode. then when I click on it...yep, you guessed it...the same "contains a virus" error message and the file is deleated.
    I did have security essentials running before and it is now gone. I also ran malwherebytes and super ad ware and neither finds anything but a few cookies.

anybody have a clue what I might have, or what I can look for and deleate in my registry. all I want to do is be able to download security essentials and then let it clean things up. ideas?? mucho thanks!
    malweay is very dangerous for computer.use antivirus avira , avast on your computer.
    i think your problem is gone.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo