Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by grandpa48
    i believe you guys know a lot already about these "antivirus" things and programs. To tell you more about myself, i am quite old but still eager to learn. can anyone be kind enough to elaborate more on these things. i'm just looking for a good and effective antivirus program to put in my computer that can put me at ease. thank you very much
    It's not hard to understand.
    Many years ago we had only antivirus software, because viruses had infect only files on hdd(add additional code, crypt files, delete files and etc). You could get virus only through disk(diskette).
    Today we have internet and , as result, many different ways to infect your computer (throught mails, infected files, event script in html page). It's why we have also many kinds of antivirus softwre: antivirus, internet security, spyware and etc.
  3. No Profile Picture

..ok..

ah yes, sir titan, that is really true. now that the internet has developed much, you can just imagine my real surprise. everything is available with just a simple "type" and "enter" button on the keyboard. well, i am from the time of when i hear the word "email" is like something really big and that the person is really smart. now, i got my own email and it is not that hard to make one. this is why i am a bit scared because i know now how vulnerable computers can be at this time. i met a former student of mine before and he was telling some things about how to use the internet and what to avoid and what not to do so i am taking his advice quite seriously. also thanks to you for giving me time and giving advise on topics related to my concern. i will be sticking around more and try to share some of my own "discoveries" too so i too can help others who are like me or maybe even worse haha
  5. No Profile Picture

anti virus

Hello mates! Good day to you! Nice thread going on in here. Everybody does seem to have gotten worried by this virus, malware, trojans and other stuff eh? Sure is serious actually specially after having spent money on your computer or a new laptop only to have it go wacky because of a virus infection. That would totally be a shame. So, if you do want to protect your investment on your hardware then i strongly recommend you to have your protection. I saw this program on the internet before and got doubtful too whether it was nice or not. But as of today, i haven't stopped using it and it has proven its functionality when it comes to my protection. It also has parental control, firewall protection, and it does lock out those annoying viruses, spam, and even hacking. a good program to have in your computer system as i can say.
  7. No Profile Picture

best free anti virus software

Panda Cloud Antivirus is really the best antivirus software,otherwise G data antivirus is also the 2nd best option .
  9. No Profile Picture

manually viewing a threat

Originally Posted by hiker
    The only way to guarantee being protected is to never turn on your computer. Even with virus protection (paid or free), you can still receive infections. Whether free or not, updates are performed. Free AV offers limited services and support, but they still update regularly if you have it set to update. Sometimes they may require you to manually update, but they will still update.
    If you are someone who knows what you are doing then I have a question for you. A virus or worm is like any other computer program right (made of codes). so what is the best technique for searching for and viewing a threat on ones computer?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by pathmakerserves
    im using eset but i'm looking for a better alternative.
    ESET is not free.

And I use ESET, and I think it's the best antivirus. What don't you like about it?
  13. No Profile Picture

What is the best free anti virus software?

I've used AVIRA for almost a year and it's good. It's helps speed up programs loading and maintains my pc in a good condition with a proper care and update all the time.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

as for free avira is very good and provides good protection
  17. Contributing User

Not free again.

I tried a few free AV - Panda and AVG a couple of years ago, and viruses got through.

the last time I got a virus and it got by AVG and it then took over my browser and wouldn’t let me download anything.

I friend had PC tool on a flash drive but it would not allow it to copy.

I had the free trial of Cyberdefender on my system, but I hadn’t tried it and it told me to call their computer help line.

The service tech told me that some viruses would not let you install, download or copy programs as a way to protect themselves. They did a remote access to my system, and told me they could remove it because I have installed the free trial before I got the virus.

I like thier service and haven't reall had any problems since then.

I am sure there are some free AV that is good, but I am happy having someone to call cuz I really don't have time to screw with a virus issue.

JMHO
  19. No Profile Picture

Avast

I have been working in a local computer store for the last 5 years and we have a routine when cleaning viruses that include Avast, Avira, AVG, Malwarebytes, Kaspersky, and Eset Nod 32.
    Since some of them clahs we actually have to dual boot with two windows OSs.
    From what I saw I found that out of the free antiviruses Avast had the best record of finding viruses coupled with malwarebytes they pretty much did all the work there was to do.
    Any thoughts?
  21. No Profile Picture

Many antivirus software available for free but they come with some limitations like 1-2 months expiration, virus detection but no virus removal option etc. So better is buy some trusted antivirus software. There are lots of fine antivirus available Avira, Avast, AVG, Panda Cloud, Ecan you choose. If you want antivirus for single user they wont charge much also they offer their software at very competitive price becoz of great competition, by doing this you can assure your computer security and get free from uninstalling antivirus after expiration everytime.
  23. No Profile Picture

Kaspersky

Originally Posted by jessicawilliams
    If you want a free anti-virus I recommend in order of popularity, but please choose the right one for you (install only one):
    Kaspersky and ESET NOD32 are the best paid for anti-virus programs.
    I have to agree with you on that, I have tried the kaspersky trial version and it works really good, as long as the updates are present it should be very efficient.
  25. No Profile Picture

what do you think about AVG anti? i have used it for around one year and has no problem so far.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo