1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

i m using 'Avira' anti virus since a long time. i think it is the best anti-virus
  3. No Profile Picture

Antivirus

I would go with panda cloud, works the same but i didn't have to pay for servers or add-ins and they have half the price i paid in my previous antivirus
  5. No Profile Picture

Probably MSFT's Security Essentials. Lifehacker has given it a good review, and it's light and good. That being said... I use mcafee.
  7. No Profile Picture

Which is the Best Free Antivirus?

I would prefer AVG AntiVirus coz it is a versatile and powerful antivirus software that protects the computer from viruses and spyware.
    Last edited by hiker; April 4th, 2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Removed Spam link
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

IMO Avast antivirus is the best one and it really protects my computer from viruses. I have tried all antiviruses and Avast is the bets one.
    Website Value Calculator
    Dofollow Social Bookmarking
  11. No Profile Picture

Best Free Antivirus?

i want to use norton.
  13. No Profile Picture

Hi. I'm using Ikarus Virus Utilities, a powerful antivirus that will protect your PC against all kinds of malicious codes, such as spyware, malware and trojans
    Last edited by hiker; May 13th, 2011 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Removed spam link
  15. No Profile Picture

Avast is personally what I found to be best
  17. No Profile Picture

I really dislike "suites" period.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials.
    firewall..I don't use one, never have. None of my home computers has an external IP number, so what do I need a firewall for? My router eliminates the need as far as I'm concerned.

I'll give credit to AVG, with their Internet Explorer add-on, they do give some safety about going to bad links. I just don't like the overhed required.
    for safety I always keep malwarebytes & superantispyware installed and updated.
  19. No Profile Picture

Re: Which is the best free antivirus?

Avira AntiVir Personal Edition is my first choice for the best free antivirus software if you are looking for the best protection against virus threats, spyware and rootkit. AntiVir is very light on resources and malware detection rate is outstanding, better than almost all antivirus according to evidence.
  21. No Profile Picture

avast for me is the best but you have to be carefull with the devices which you put in the computer.
  23. No Profile Picture

It is difficult to declare...

It is difficult to declare the best antivirus program as every manufacturer claims that their program offers the best protection possible. But in practice it is not so. My advice is that you try out different programs so that you alone can decide what is the best solution for you. For most users a free version of famous manufacturers of antivirus programs such as AVG,
    Avast, Avira, Comodo, ClamWin, etc. offer a high level of protection against malicious code, but if you want
    maximum protection I recommend you to buy a licensed version of antivirus program.I use Avira antivirus personal wich is very good software but you must install firewall software, such as ashampoo free firewall or zonealarm firewall. With new updates Avira added web guard option.
    Last edited by hiker; July 12th, 2011 at 06:57 PM.
  25. No Profile Picture

Microsoft security essentials gets my vote.
  27. No Profile Picture

Best Antivirus Software

According to me its AVG that provides the best Internet Security in comparison to others.
  29. No Profile Picture

AVG or avast!

In the latest quarter's tests, both avast! and AVG produced very good scores.

There seems to be a bit of a misconception about Microsoft Security essentials, because actually it doesn't score very well in Real-World Testing and Dynamic Detection categories. Its ability to block malware was as low as 32% in some tests.

I would always opt for Kaspersky or BitDefender, but if you want a free one then AVG and avast! are good options. Whatever you do... stay clear of McAfee! (and Total Defense(CA) which is absolutely hopeless).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo