Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by spongedong
    Avira and Avast are nice, but it has been a year since i last used free AVs, try out those free AVs. just skip McAfee and AVG for your sake, because when you want them no more, they'll be a pain in your @$$ uninstalling em. been there and never will be
    I agree I have faced the same problem with'em both it's damn hard to remove them, ultimately I decided to re-install the OS. Now I am using Avast, it's pretty good actually.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well I have used both Avast and Norton for my PC and I have found that Avast is much better then Norton. So I will recommend you Avast.
  5. No Profile Picture

Immunet Free Antivirus
    Avast free
    AVG
    Rising Antivirus Free Edition
    Avira Free Antivirus
    Ad-Aware Free

I have tried all of above but found Immunet free antivirus best. It gives cloud based protection. One of the plus point of this software is that it is compatible with other existing software.
  7. No Profile Picture

hi, what i want to say about best free antivirus, if your computer ever connects to the Internet, it's potentially exposed to viruses and other malicious software. As last year's Stuxnet worm demonstrated, even a computer that never connects can be compromised through an infected USB drive. Given the quality of free antivirus software available, there's no excuse for failing to install protection. The question is, which is the best free antivirus?
    Publishers of free AV software don't always put out a new release every year. None as yet have jumped on the 2012-edition bandwagon: but that's OK: It's still 2011. Here's the low-down on recent free antivirus releases. Don't see your favorite? It will almost certainly get added after its next update.Blocking Malware Attack
    When you get a brand-new computer the very first thing you should install is a good antivirus. Not sure which one to choose? Install a free one to stay protected while you're researching your decision.
    Ad-Aware FREE Internet Security 9.0 (Free, 4.5 stars) scored well across the board in my hands-on malware protection tests. It detected 91 percent of the threats and scored 9.0 points, the best score of any free product. Comodo Antivirus 5.0 (Free, 3.5 stars) actually detected more threats, 94 percent of them, but was just slightly less effective at blocking them, for a score of 8.9 points.
  9. No Profile Picture

Smile

AVG-free is a good one.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i use AVG

norton antivirus offers 90 days of free protection
    if you are one of those people that does regualar windows re-installation, then norton will be like free :P

also norton internet security, which includes in it antivirus lasts for another 90 days, so you can have them installed after each other

and they even produce a new version, each new year with new 90 days.
  13. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Guys,

I'm closing this thread. The OP created it almost 2 years ago and since then, there have been a few different responses with some free, some not free and a lot of (now deleted!) spam.

If anyone has any issues with this, don't hesitate to drop me a PM or e-mail.
    The No Ma'am commandments:

1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page: