1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help needed.. virus attack.... !!!!

my netbook has been attacked with virus. the virus has converted my all MS-office files (word, exel, power point) to folder.exe & the other problem is; any application which is running that stops automatically. i dont have any backup of all those files. all of those files were my official documents. i want your help to recover my files.

regards
    brinto
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If the virus destroyed your files, and you don't have a backup, then no one can help you recover your files, sorry.

Perhaps there is an antivirus program that will run on your netbook. Check with the netbook manufacturer. And if you're lucky the damaged files can be repaired by the av program.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture

Do not worry.
    About 90% that your virus is already known -> antivirus software can recover your files.

May be it sounds strange, but you have to do back up of your infected files (word docs and etc..) , because antivirus software can recover it incorrectly.

After that you have to scan your computer by antivirus software ( you can use different ways: buy or download free software) and try to reсover your files.

About free software:
    - free antivirus;
    - download LiveCD;
    - temporary free version ( DrWeb, for example).

And again - Do not worry, i think you can recover your files.
    But now you have to remember that backups - it's very useful and necessary thing.

Comments on this post

• jzd disagrees
  7. No Profile Picture

Download and install Avira or Malwarebytes Anti Malware onto your computer, scan your system with them, after your perform a virus signatures update and clean the dangerous virus.

Your files were probably deleted and replaced with infected files.

Malwarebytes has hi virus detection rates, it is free and does not slow the computer.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo