1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question I think I was hijacked>??

Hello everyone,
    My name's Mandy, and I don't know a single thing about computers. I found this board by typing mshp.dll into yahoo, and have since downloaded "Hijack This". The problem is, is that I don't know what to do at all. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing regarding viruses, or any such thing. I need help - seriously! If anyone feels sorry for me, and my ignorance on this subject, please feel free to email me at:

mandylicious_004@hotmail.com

or reply here on this thread.

In advance, thank you to everyone who responds.
    Mandy M
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What I would do is type that .dll name into your windows search, and then wherever the file is delete it, if you can't delete it immediatly write the file name down, restart, then try again, because often the .dll is being used if computer has been on a couple minutes. Anyways thats my advise, has worked for me in getting rid of viruses.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hi Monarch,

Here's instructions for HijackThis:

Enable everything in MSCONFIG (if you have disabled anything).

Download HijackThis (link below). Make sure you install HijackThis to a permanent folder such as C:\HJT as it creates backups of what we will fix. Run the program, press Scan, press Save log. Notepad will open, copy and paste the entire log into your post. Do not fix anything yet, most of what's in the log is needed!

Tom
    HijackThis
    Ad-aware
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpywareBlaster
    SpywareGuard
    Housecall Online A/V Scan

Please read the stickys at the top of the forum before posting!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo