Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Last in this thread

Thanks for the suggestion, this is not the problem. Norton is being targeted by this trojan, supervisor window appears but it's not the norton supervisor password window, see below. I'm almost ready to quit BUT I'm not going to. I want to solve this problem without the big format command !
    Current situation is, dllfix, cwshredder and adaware don't resolve. It returns very quickly. I used ravantivirus which found ukm.exe, bridge.exe, uk7.exe, dc31.dll, dc32.dll, iddm.dll and interfast.exe. They're all deleted now, then run dllfix, cwshredder and adaware. Re-installed Norton and all ok until a program tried to access via explorer, which I blocked (I didn't write down but I think it was something like msimn.exe) but didn't seem to work as Norton nobbled straightaway. ie cannot access firewall setup and intrusion detection and privacy control turned off with no option to turn on. No access to network is achievable in this condition.
    Once Norton firewall uninstalled network access returns. Not sure if this is intentional or just crap coding by the trojan.
    I surely cannot be the only person with this trojan which purports to be CWS searchx so I will be posting this to other similar boards for wider exposure and starting a new thread here.
    Thanks again for your help and please continue with your advice.
    Currently all shows ok but Norton firewall not installed.

Kevin
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Kevin,

I suggest you post your description of the problem and a HijackThis log at http://forums.spywareinfo.com/ in the Malware Removal forum. They are very busy and it may take some time, but the experts there are top notch. Once you get your problem resolved please post back and let us know how it went!

Tom
    HijackThis
    Ad-aware
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpywareBlaster
    SpywareGuard
    Housecall Online A/V Scan

Please read the stickys at the top of the forum before posting!
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo