1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

why I can still infected with old Virus?

Hi.. I want to ask a anti-virus concept question. I always ensure my company PC's anti-virus (symantec) up-to-date and update my window patch. But I just found that one of my user PC was infected with old version virus called Backdoor.Coreflood , status clean failed. And the message keep coming up when the user want to surf net. I had gone to the safe mode removed it. But what I don't understand is-->it is a old virus. The symantec has solution for it long time ago, why the PC still got infected and failed to clean???
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hi w2kask,

Here's a link to Trend Micro's description and removal instructions. If you have ME or XP you must disable System Restore. They suggest using their free online virus scanner for removal.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...BS_COREFLOOD.A

Tom
    HijackThis
    Ad-aware
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpywareBlaster
    SpywareGuard
    Housecall Online A/V Scan

Please read the stickys at the top of the forum before posting!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi.. Tom, thanks for the input but I am not asking about the removal. I had removed the virus b4 I posted.

What I am not clear is why I can still infected with old type of virus backdoor.coreflood as I had keep my Symantec Anti-Virus up-to-date. And the virus definition had been state that it can tackle the virus. Why I feel got infected and need to get rid of that thru removal process.

Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I guess no AntiVirus package is perfect. They will miss a thing or two. That's why it is a good idea to do an online scan once in awhile. Your chances of staying clean are much better.

Tom
    HijackThis
    Ad-aware
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpywareBlaster
    SpywareGuard
    Housecall Online A/V Scan

Please read the stickys at the top of the forum before posting!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo