1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Internet Security 2011 worse than 9.0?

I had 2 weeks ago problems with viruses. I installed trial version of Internet Security 9.0. It found many viruses, including trojan on my USB and iframe inside my website. But there were too many viruses so I decided yesterday to format my disk.

Today I realized that Internet Security 9.0 doesn't have any more firewall, so I needed to install Internet Security 2011.

I copied my backup from old disk (a version before I installed Internet Security 9.0 and scaned it). Internet Security 2011 didn't find any virus in iframe or on my USB. Isn't supposed to be 2011 version better than 9.0 and with bigger database? Why this version doesn't find some of viruses which were detected on previous version and which are detected by all major antivirus programs?
  3. No Profile Picture

It's interesting.
    But i think that Internet security 2011 can not be worse than 9.0 ( but anything can happen).
    May be you need to update your viruses database for Internet Security 2011 and try again to scan your files.

By the way, you use trial version of 2011 version ?
  5. No Profile Picture

I use trial version and I updated database. Isn't trial the same, just limited to 30 days?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo