1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Kaspersky 2013 won't uninstall

Hi All,
    Having trouble uninstalling Kaspersky 2013 antivirus program. Tried uninstalling using uninstalling program, which seemed to work, but didn't. Then tried the popular "Kavremover", but didn't work.

I tried using the site; "Wilders Security Forums". To no avail.

I got a system read from "GetSysInfo" for some computer experts.

Regards
    Jason
    Edit/Delete Message
  3. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hi Tagget and welcome to Dev Shed.

Can you provide more information, for example the version of Windows you are running, what is happening when you try to uninstall, are you receiving any error messages etc ?
    The No Ma'am commandments:

1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
  5. No Profile Picture

It's a shame, because I've been through this already with another forum, but this forum won't allow me to give links to it. private message or email me if you like. I'll try to email you.

Thanks for responding.
    Jason
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

How hard is it to copy/paste from the other forum....

Like anything else in life, beggers can't be choosers. Be more specific with your problem and we might be able to help you.
  9. No Profile Picture

forum disscussions

Maybe you should try AppRemover

Blackcat
    Did you use the removal tool in safe mode?
    kavremover

ME
    YES I did

Blackcat
    Recent post over on the KAV forums; look at richbuff's posts in particular;
    You may need to manually remove!
    System restore no good or any backup?

Beethoven1770
    Why uninstall kaspersky for nod32?

berryracer
    Ditto!
    AppRemover is your only choice to uninstall or clean remnants of failed installations

ME
    Because Nod 32 is paid for up to 2015. I only installed Kaspersky until I got nod 32 going.

ME
    (QUOTE-Blackcat
    Recent post over on the KAV forums; look at richbuff's posts in particular;
    You may need to manually remove!
    System restore no good or any backup?)
    Tried restore no good.

berryracer
    (Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beethoven1770
    Why uninstall kaspersky for nod32?)
    my thoughts exactly! NOD32 is probably one of the weakest AVs these days.
    Even many free alternatives beat it

ME
    (Quote:
    Originally Posted by berryracer
    Ditto!
    AppRemover is your only choice to uninstall or clean remnants of failed installations)
    Tried the above link, wouldn't activate. Any other links?

ME
    (Quote:
    Originally Posted by berryracer
    my thoughts exactly! NOD32 is probably one of the weakest AVs these days.
    Even many free alternatives beat it)
    Maybe so, but why can't I remove it. I have get over this hurdle first.

Blackcat
    (Originally Posted by berryracer
    Ditto!AppRemover is your only choice to uninstall or clean remnants of failed installations)
    Tried it several times and in each case it removed diddly squat
    (Quote:
    Please help so I can reload Nod 32 Smart Security.
    I only installed Kaspersky until I got nod 32 going.)
    Bit confused here; you haven't installed KAV and simply disabled NOD?

Beethoven1770
    Have you an image to go back to prior to kaspersky installation.?
    I know revo uninstaller may work also.

Stapp
    What is showing of Kaspersky still being installed, in other words, what is showing to make you say the uninstall hasn't worked?
    What operating system are you running?
    Have you tried re-installing Kaspersky again which may repair the broken uninstaller and allow you to uninstall.

ME
    (Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackcat
    Tried it several times and in each case it removed diddly squat
    Bit confused here; you haven't installed KAV and simply disabled NOD?)
    Initially had Nod 32 running OK, but then it shut down and wouldn't restart. So, I uninstalled it until the Nod 32 techs got back with a resolution and loaded and kav for computer safety Ha!

ME
    (Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beethoven1770
    Have you an image to go back to prior to kaspersky installation.?
    I know revo uninstaller may work also.)
    Got it, tried it, initially saw KAV and deleted it all, so I thought. No good. No image.
    The Nod32 had a prob. of no communication. Ran the Nod32 uninstallation tool. It worked.
    The last effort was to try "ComboFix". Which did find and delete a Trojan.

ME
    (Quote:
    Originally Posted by stapp
    What is showing of Kaspersky still being installed, in other words, what is showing to make you say the uninstall hasn't worked?
    What operating system are you running?
    Have you tried re-installing Kaspersky again which may repair the broken uninstaller and allow you to uninstall.)
    Sounds promising!
    When I start my windows 7 it pops up saying you have KAV trial and is working and in all intensive purposes it looks like it is working, but I can't find it in my windows remove programs list nor my "Revo Uninstaller Pro" nor in my list of programs. Only in my task bar.
    I figure it's tucked away somewhere in a little file which I don't know where and even if I find it I'm afraid if I delete it there might be other issues.
    I haven't tried to re-install KAV. If I get any DON'T S within 10min I'll try it.
    Will let you all know if/when it works.

ME
    If I do re-install it what should I do differently to uninstall it properly, having told you of my history.

the mul
    (Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tagget
    If I do re-install it what should I do differently to uninstall it properly, having told you of my history.)
    I had an issue uninstalling Bitdefender as it only seemed to have half uninstalled using there removal tool, so I reinstalled Bitdefender and this time I used bitdefenders own uninstall feature and everything worked great.
    I have found that in most cases if I reinstall the program and uninstall again, things seem to go pretty smooth and usually work.

Blackcat
    If it re-installs okay, try the normal uninstall.
    If this then works, reboot and then run the KAV removal tool before re-installing NOD.
    The manual uninstall did not work?

ME
    (Quote:
    If this then works, reboot and then run the KAV removal tool before re-installing NOD.
    The manual uninstall did not work?)
    Sorry, Not game to manually uninstall.

idaho
    (Quote:
    I would recommend same here...reinstall Kaspersky again and then unistall just with Windows unistaller...reboot computer, clean with CCleaner and then install NOD 32 Antivirus.

ME
    (Quote:
    Tried to re-install KAV. Seem to work alright, but after it asked me to reboot it and when it rebooted it asked me again to install it which I did, but did as above again.
    I then tried to install Nod32 and it said you must remove KAV first. Funny though, it showed two.
    So, I tried kavremover again then tried to install Nod32 again and said the same thing, but there was only one KAV listed this time.
    So, I tried the remover again then Nod. NO difference.

ME
    I did try to Re-install the KAV, but it only showed it's face when I went into Program files (x86) and program Data.
    There was no listing for uninstalling in the windows uninstall nor the program files (x86) or Program Data nor in the uninstall program.

Blackcat
    Maybe it's time to use the GetSystemInfo tool and ask the experts over on the KAV forum;

Baldrick
    I am gettting confused as to what you have installed when...as at one point it seems that you had or have both KAV & NOD32 installed (which IMHO is a definite no-no).
    Would suggest that you uninstall NOD32 if installed and then try to uninstall KAV. If the KAV uninstall fails then reboot, reinstall it, then reboot and try uninstalling using the "Remove Kaspersky AntiVirus 20nn" function that you should see under Start\All Programs\Kaspersky AntiVirus 20nn. That should give you direct access to the uninstaller...go for a 'Complete Uninstallation' and give it time as I have found that it can just sit there for a while seemingly doing nothing.
    Hope that helps?
    Regards
    Solly

JoeBlack40
    That's another one of the many reasons why a backup software is a MUST....

Blackcat
    Now unless one of the KAV experts stop by here; register over on the KAV forums and post this info file there.

Dark Shadow
    Just a suggestion, you can try malwarebytes FileASSASIN, it has worked for me many of times on stuburn left overs.

ME
    (Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dark Shadow
    Just a suggestion, you can try malwarebytes FileASSASIN, it has worked for me many of times on stubborn left overs.)
    Found the Program, but as I said can't find uninstall file and I don't know which file to use the "FileAssasin" on.
    Maybe I'll try manually uninstalling. I'm using Windows 7 any do's and don't's?
    Please can someone walk me through this? (e.g. where to find everything.
    What should I delete or not, in what order?)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo