1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Kaspersky AV or Internet Security??

I am thinking about buying 2010 Kaspersky but i am not sure what should i buy Kaspersky AV or Kaspersky IS...actually i dont knw the difference between them. And please help me know if i buy kaspersky 2010 will i have to buy it again next year or this 2010 product will work fine for years just with updates??
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

I don't know. Have you looked at the Kaspersky website? I am sure they have answers to these questions.
  5. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by wolfish009
    I am thinking about buying 2010 Kaspersky but i am not sure what should i buy Kaspersky AV or Kaspersky IS...actually i dont knw the difference between them. And please help me know if i buy kaspersky 2010 will i have to buy it again next year or this 2010 product will work fine for years just with updates??
    The difference between AV and IS, is AV is strictly Antivirus. IS is Internet Security that generally comes with Antivirus, Firewall, Spyware, Phishing, Identity Protection, etc (Of course, depending on the company, there may be less or more than what I just listed...). But as mentioned, check their website for a complete list of features that IS comes with.

As for using it for years.... You can use it for as long as you want.. No one is going to force you to upgrade. However, the key will be limited to x amount of time (usually 1 - 3 years). At that point, you would need to purchase the upgrade version to upgrade your protection. There are ways to just keep using the same one (uninstall and reinstall with possible registry edits... but I wouldn't recommend this). I would recommend having it updated prior to its expiration date (which would be listed within the software's menu). If you don't want to keep paying, then go with a free AV program... AVG is a pretty good one that offers free protection. There are others, but I haven't personally used any of the other free ones, so can't recommend them one way or another.

But when looking for free protection, BEWARE. There are sites you will come across that will say they offer free protection, but may end up in infecting your computer. Then you will receive alerts saying you need to purchase their software, which also won't work.
  7. No Profile Picture

Noob's choice.

Well personally I am a novice when it comes to antiviruses or whatever but I think that the KIS is better..because it simply has more features and only for your benefit..and also having used Kaspersky for so long I think I can safely say that its one of the best antiviruses,if not the best.
  9. No Profile Picture

We are using different products. Kaspersky is OK, AVAST and other products can give you protection as well. You can get a firewall and anti virus but what is important is that you learn how to use them effectively too. You must be always aware of what is going on in your computer.
  11. No Profile Picture

for home user without internet connection, go for AV.
    but with internet connection, go for IS
  13. No Profile Picture

There is a big difference between AV and IS. Where antivirus just provides protection for your computer from various types of threats or viruses and Internet Security protects ur system from threats which effects it while using internet. IS got various features (depends on the product and company) such as Antivirus, Real-Time protection, firewall, etc. u can catch them at the official website of the product u prefer. So i would say IS is better if your computer is connected to internet.
  15. No Profile Picture

I would go with the cheapest

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo