1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Micro PC Cillin vs Microsoft Sec. Essentials

Yesterday I had Vtechsquad fix my computer by allowing remote access. They disabled my Trend Micro Titanium Internet Securities and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. Which of the two programs is the best. I have been using PC Cillin for three years and am very pleased with it. It has detected trojan horses and viriruses more than once for me. Opinions will be appreciated. Thanks Norman
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Antivirus

I have heard about the Internet Security Antivirus by Microsoft however I am hearing about PC Cillin for the first time I do not know much about it, but yes, Microsoft Internet Security Essentials is a very good antivirus, another one I would suggest is McAfee Anti-Virus
  5. Contributing User

I have possitive feedback for Microsoft S.E., but as said above It's the first time I heard that other product.

If you're happy with, just don't switch. Believe me, some suites are not known to many people, but that doesn't means they aren't good.

For example, I saw really few users of Outpost Security Suite (and really few content about their anti-malware tool, who doesn't even have a name itself, it's just a module for the suite), but it works for me.

Also almost everyone I know uses either Avast or AVG, and both have failed me with Sality and Bagle some years ago, and allowed an infection that Outpost didn't. (That because I have changed it following advices and """statistics""" from their sites... Don't make me even remember it...)

My advice, is to keep it if it served you well.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo