1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Nortan Antivirus

I had a nortan antivirus and it was blocking my laptop's speed,so i had to uninstall it. I am looking for a good free antivirus that will not hinder my laptop's speed. Please advice??
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you're on Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials

If you're on Windows 8, it comes with Windows Defender, which is essentially the same thing.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by rambofen044
    I had a nortan antivirus and it was blocking my laptop's speed,so i had to uninstall it. I am looking for a good free antivirus that will not hinder my laptop's speed. Please advice??
    Norton is very good antivirus for computer.but it is very hard. search normal norton antivirus for your computer and install it than your laptop speed as back.
  7. No Profile Picture

I use a Russian one which is called Kaspersky Lab. You can download a trial version to try it. I use W8.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I use avg and malwarebytes. Avg for active protection and malwarebytes for occasional scanning. Also for win7 and earlier combofix is really good.
  11. Contributing User

I would like to refer you for Kaspersky for a better anti virus software. If you are using internet on your laptop then I should say better be careful to use a licensed version of Kaspersky internet security for better protection of your laptop data. Never go for a free anti virus.
  13. No Profile Picture

though free antivirus costs nothing, the advantages of the paid ones outweighs so much. you gonna pay something for better service anyway. or you are taking a risk.

Originally Posted by RH-Calvin
    I would like to refer you for Kaspersky for a better anti virus software. If you are using internet on your laptop then I should say better be careful to use a licensed version of Kaspersky internet security for better protection of your laptop data. Never go for a free anti virus.
  15. No Profile Picture

kaspersky

almost every antivirus effects the PC speed.

I would like to refer you for Kaspersky and if you purchase it then more better for you.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Avast I would recommend to use as a free one (or Microsoft security essentials for windows 7) As for paid one's- Bitdefender and Kasperskiy

Good luck
    █ HostedFX- 8 Years In Business Quality And Affordable
    █ Shared, Reseller and VPS Hosting. Upto 77% Off.
    www.hostedfx.com
  19. No Profile Picture

Norton Internet Security 2014

I don't know why you computer is getting slow, i'm using this tool for long time, actually you need to upgrade your PC (May be). Norton Internet Security 2014 may solve your problem, i hope so.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo