1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Arrow My PC locked with Video recording moneypak ransomeware. How to get out of this????

Hi guys, there is a problem occurs on my computer. Everytime when i start my computer, I am getting a message that my computer has been locked by FBI due to some illegal activities and it asks for paying 400 dollars to unlock this.
    So, what should I do now?? Plz suggest & get me out of this...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Don't pay them at all. It is just a ransomware which will not unlock your PC even after you pay. You can try the below mentioned steps to get rid of it.

-- Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.

-- In the opened command prompt type ‘explorer’ and press ‘Enter’ to open the explorer windows.

-- Now in the command prompt type ‘regedit’ and press ‘Enter’.

-- In registry editor window navigate to <strong>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\

-- In the right side of the window locate ‘Shell’ and click on it. Now click on Modify. Its default value is Explorer.exe, if you see something else, then remove it and type Explorer.exe on it. If something else is written on it then use that information to navigate to the rogue executable and remove it.

-- Then restart your PC to complete the process.

Performing these actions will surely resolve your issue.

For more information you can visit -

pcthreatremoval.net/remove-video-recording-moneypak-virus-unlock-locked-pc-in-easy-steps

All the best...
  5. They're coming to take me away

Messing with the registry can cause problems if you're not sure what you're doing. Run through the steps in the sticky at the top of the Antivirus forum entitled "If you have infection issues start here first..."

Malwarebytes will remove it, but the other steps are in case you have other issues or infections.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo