1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Realtime AV that will RENAME an infected file?

I am looking for realtime antivirus protection for our Windows 7 Pro 64 PCs.

I do not want my files altered, deleted or moved if there is a suspected virus detected. I would like the program to simply rename a file when it detects a virus by adding ".vir" to the end of the filename.

None of the virus software that I've found out there offers this feature - at least that I can see.

An added bonus would be something that doesn't produce a lot of false positives.

Currently, I'm using Microsofts Security Essentials.

Any suggestions out there?

[EDIT]

Just to clarify why...

Say a virus scanner ends up identifying half the photos in your photo directories as virii... They end up deleted, or moved to a quarantine directory. You don't look at these photos very often, and never notice that the fishing photos from your younger days are gone... UNTIL you go to show them to someone.

..same for resumes, self written software, etc.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

*Bump*

Originally Posted by Calab
    I am looking for realtime antivirus protection for our Windows 7 Pro 64 PCs.

I do not want my files altered, deleted or moved if there is a suspected virus detected. I would like the program to simply rename a file when it detects a virus by adding ".vir" to the end of the filename.

None of the virus software that I've found out there offers this feature - at least that I can see.

An added bonus would be something that doesn't produce a lot of false positives.

Currently, I'm using Microsofts Security Essentials.

Any suggestions out there?

[EDIT]

Just to clarify why...

Say a virus scanner ends up identifying half the photos in your photo directories as virii... They end up deleted, or moved to a quarantine directory. You don't look at these photos very often, and never notice that the fishing photos from your younger days are gone... UNTIL you go to show them to someone.

..same for resumes, self written software, etc.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo