1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to remove Vista Security 2012 trojan

Hi!

I got infected by Vista Security 2012 which forbid access to internet, running antivirus, HijackThis and even launching window explorer.

I try to go into Safe Mode but when I try to open window explorer or connect internet, the same problem appeared - annoying popup window that told me that my system already infected by trojans and need to buy their antivirus to cure it. They even launching scanner that show so many trojan in my system. I think this trojan can detect the action to run exe file and run their counter popup and prevent the antivirus from running.

How to get rid this? Can I run any antivirus from usb drive to remove this threat? If can't, what is the alternative? Hopefully in detail.

Thanx for your help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I just cleaned a customer's XP machine with a similar problem. One thing that trojan did was to mark every file on the computer as hidden, which effectively removed all desktop icons and start menu options.

I ended up wiping the disk and re-installing windows from the installation cd.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture

My problem has been resolved. Thanx to malwarebytes.

For forumers info, this problem started when I downloaded one tiny file named : ae5fe.pdf from nowhere (actually this file came up and I thought this was free marketing report. What a fool! ). When I clicked it, annoying alert windows started to popup. You can check it here:

imageporter.com/gzda3a4ozvcn/P6212110a.jpg.html
    imageporter.com/kygyfzlfq6g6/P6212119a.jpg.html
    imageporter.com/i62c87oceq1w/P6212139a.jpg.html
    imageporter.com/cvlnyzemne55/P6212140a.jpg.html

(sorry..I'm newcomer. You have to add http://www. before adds)

To solve it I download Malwarebytes free version(from another PC) and burn into cd and run it into my infected notebook and it should be ok.
    (Note: You cannot download from infected computer because this trojan will prevent you from internet access).

Moral of the story -don't download unknown file!!
    Anyway thanx to all and good luck.
  7. No Profile Picture

Antivirus

You must install in your PC a antivirus called AVG.That is a good and enough to check your system and it will also provide your PC security in next time.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo