1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What are some of the better free trojan/malware programs out there?

Hey everyone, Just got another bout of "Your computer is infected!!! Buy our cleaner!!" cleaned out of my computer today.

I have about 6 malware/trojan/virus scanners that i run once a month and i can say hands down the best is Malware Bytes Anti-Malware. I also have Spybot, A-Squared Free, AVG. Advanced System Protector, Spyware Blaster, and i run Windows Defender also. These other programs only seem to pick up cookies. Whenever i have a real problem with my computer, these find cookies and Malware Bytes find the trojans. I don't know what i would do without it.

Any free malware programs out there you would recommend for the hard to get rid of malware? Never hurts to have more good programs.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Between anti spyware programs, i prefer Spyware doctor. Its a very powerful program and really detect and clean spywares and trojans from your computer. It has a trial version too but trial version only detects spywares/trojans and doesn't remove them. But full version detect and clean them.
    Website Value Calculator
    Dofollow Social Bookmarking
  5. Contributing User

Malware bytes anti-malware is a good application.

A stronger application that a lot computer repair techs use is Combofix.
    Caution, not for the novice, it will ask to delete some files that are questionable, you need to recognize these files as they may be required for that particular computer.

But this program works as I have removed malware that other scanners did not catch.
  7. No Profile Picture

For me Malwarebytes is the best anti-malware software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software or MBAM is a powerful and simple malware removal software. This great malware deleting and detecting software can remove all types of malicious software including all short and unwanted software. Moreover, it can also detect and remove trojan horses, spyware and adware. It's like a complete spyware software and adware removal software. MBAM is a must have to your computer. :
    Last edited by hiker; May 13th, 2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Removed spam link
  9. No Profile Picture

Anti Malware

You should try one of these:

1. Spybot Search & Destroy
    2. SUPERAntiSpyware
    3. ComboFix
    4. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    5. HijackThis

Good luck!

O.
    Last edited by omrilac; May 22nd, 2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to drop my signature
  11. No Profile Picture

Nothing beats having Deep Freeze on your system on times when nothing seems to work.
  13. No Profile Picture

Do most of these programs work with Mac computers as well? Thanks for all of the great information.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo