1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Urgent: Please help

Hi,
    My external hard disk has a virus. I cant open any folder from the disk. they show as short cuts. I have very important data in it. pls help me recover it.
    When i scan thru trend office scan it shows "The item 'veaasopxx.exe' that is the shortcut refers to has been changed or moved , so this shortcut will no longer work properly."
    When i scan thru AVG, it shows "Generic.AWAK"
    But both these antivirus are not able to remove these viruses. Can any one help please
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by heman_ej
    Hi,
    My external hard disk has a virus. I cant open any folder from the disk. they show as short cuts. I have very important data in it. pls help me recover it.
    When i scan thru trend office scan it shows "The item 'veaasopxx.exe' that is the shortcut refers to has been changed or moved , so this shortcut will no longer work properly."
    When i scan thru AVG, it shows "Generic.AWAK"
    But both these antivirus are not able to remove these viruses. Can any one help please
    I don't know what it could be, however I do know that if you have two antivirus' running at the same time that both will not work properly. Try taking one off before running another scan and see if this helps.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you have access to a linux computer you could hook up the external drive there and see if files are visible.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo