1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Virus found JS/Phish

Uhmm hello guys.

It is my first post in here, and as you might have expected, I came here via Google.

I usually get nothing on my machine, but an AVG scan today revealed a " Virus Found JS/Phish "

The offending file is apparently located in Local Settings/Administrator Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/lllnllll.default/cache/offending file

The l and n stand for letters and numbers there.

AVG has taken it to the virus vault, and has said that the file isn't healable.

Could somebody advise me as to what I should do here ?

Changing all my passwords is probably a start, but this is a phishing attempt and not a trojan right ?

Surprisingly a smart SCAN by my ADAWARE revealed nothing.

Any help will be appreciated.

Are my files safe because AVG has taken it to the virus vault ?

AVG describes it as " The Virus Vault is used to lock up infected files out of harms way. "

Should I simply delete it ? Or reformat the whole thing ?

Thanks
  3. Malware Warrior /AV forum Mod
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hi my name is Porthos,and welcome to Dev Shed.

Please follow these Steps HERE and when you are done post the info from the steps you have followed back here in this thread.

If you have any problems following the steps just go on to the next and make a note of what problems you are having.

These scans can take some time to complete please bear with me and I will get you fixed up as fast as possible.
    Neera: The wraith will not allow us to escape.
    Sheppard: Yeah, well I try not to let them tell me what I can and can't do.
    Neera: You do not fear them?
    Sheppard: The wraith, nah. Now clowns that's another story. They scare the crap out of me.

5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Uhmm weird as it may sound, could I ask one question.

As the virus ( a file from cache at Firefox) has been taken into the virus vault, will it be detected by the other antiviruses ?

When you go to the AVG folder when the supposed files are kept ( the virus vault) you can't see them.
  7. Malware Warrior /AV forum Mod
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

As the virus ( a file from cache at Firefox) has been taken into the virus vault, will it be detected by the other antiviruses ?
    Depends on the scanner

When you go to the AVG folder when the supposed files are kept ( the virus vault) you can't see them.
    They are hidden files and can be deleted through the AVG interface.

How are you coming along with the steps I have provided? I would like to wrap this up as fast as possible for you.
    Neera: The wraith will not allow us to escape.
    Sheppard: Yeah, well I try not to let them tell me what I can and can't do.
    Neera: You do not fear them?
    Sheppard: The wraith, nah. Now clowns that's another story. They scare the crap out of me.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo