March 29th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Is this a virus or hardware issue?
I'm going through the 'start here' thread, but thought I'd check in case it's not a virus.
I'll keep it short, as symptoms are making it hard to type.
Windows 7 64 bit home
1. Loud, continuous intermittent beeping on start up, and I have to F12 into set up to start Windows.
2. Right now, every few letters I type, an alert window pops up to tell me I can't connect to your server at the forums. If I reconnect the net, instead of an alert, the page just refreshes.
3. I had notepad open, and the current time and date just got pasted continuously (by itself - FREAKY!!!!)
4. No matter what page I'm on, the net is being pinged constantly. And if I try to search in google, they show me a page saying they've detected excessive traffic from my computer.
5. Any open programs just go nuts.
6. CPU meter is going nuts - fluctuating rapidly all over the place.
So far does this sound like a particular virus, or a software or hardware problem?
March 29th, 2012, 03:29 PM
It almost sounds to me as if you have a stuck key on your keyboard.
If you have another keyboard you can try, I would do that first to rule it out.
Otherwise, if that isn't it, then, I'd try booting into safemode [or safe mode with networking...in case you need internet access] and downloading/installing/running malwarebytes.
Also, open task manager, goto processes tab and see what process is taking up so much CPU time and post back what it is, so, we can tell you whether its something legit or malicious.
Comments on this post
Last edited by DonR; March 29th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
March 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Do you get the same symptoms if you boot in safe mode ?
The beeping before you start definitely sounds like a stuck key on the keyboard as DonR suggests but the other symptoms sound like an infection. Do you already have an anti-virus installed ?
The No Ma'am commandments:
1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
2.) It is wrong to be French
3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
6.) Everyone should car pool but me
7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
March 30th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Thanks guys. I think it was a stuck key. I ran my fingers over all the keys and it stopped the symptoms, although I haven't restarted yet.
Yes - I have MS Security Essentials and Spybot.
Originally Posted by aitken325i
April 5th, 2012, 01:24 AM
I think it is an hardware problem , like keyboard issues..
It is a virus problem , so it is important to protect your virus using an antivirus software like Comodo . what is your operating system and Comodo is compatible for all operating system.