1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Virus that hides folders and create shortcuts,

Virus that hides folders and create shortcuts,

My laptop is infected with serious virus that hides folders and creates shortcuts for folders and couldnít find any proper antivirus for this issue

My current antivirus software is Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 but sounds to do nothing with this virus

I used the command below to unhide folders

F:\>attrib Ės Ėh *.* /s /d

But sounds not to work!!!

Is there a root solution for this virus?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I've seen this malware but I don't know how to fix it. The virus adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on the computer. It's easy to unhide all files using the command line attrib command, but I don't know how to reset to windows default settings, a certain number of windows files are hidden normally.

You can adjust your windows explorer to show hidden files while you're working on this problem. I ended up doing a fresh windows installation on the client's computer.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture

Question

Originally Posted by Doug G
    I've seen this malware but I don't know how to fix it. The virus adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on the computer. It's easy to unhide all files using the command line attrib command, but I don't know how to reset to windows default settings, a certain number of windows files are hidden normally.

You can adjust your windows explorer to show hidden files while you're working on this problem. I ended up doing a fresh windows installation on the client's computer.

Many thanks Grumpier for the answer

The issue here is in one of my external hard drives: all folders are hidden and switched to shotcuts

All what Iím looking for is some command I can witch the shortcuts to regular folder as they still contain the correct data

Best

Jamal
  7. No Profile Picture

Question

Originally Posted by fastpurplemedia
    I have the same problem last year..1 of my friend install Microsoft Windows Essential, i can`t know the perfect name but some thing like this. And this software remove that virus completely.

Thank you fastpurplemedia for the help,

Iím really in trouble and couldnít know to do with this issue. I could manage with a help to restore the attributes but the virus is still living in my computer! It is not killed

Antiviruses are doing nothing! Iím completely lost

Best

Jamal
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by jamal numan
    Thank you fastpurplemedia for the help,

Iím really in trouble and couldnít know to do with this issue. I could manage with a help to restore the attributes but the virus is still living in my computer! It is not killed

Antiviruses are doing nothing! Iím completely lost

Best

Jamal
    Hi Jamal,

In the command prompt:
    attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:\*.*
    Change G: to which drive your hard disk is.

there will be a folder called RECYCLER. Delete that one.

this will get the data back but i haven't found a permanent solution. I'm considering a HDD format for the external.

uTsav~

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo