1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation w32.kwbot.worm virus!!!

I am screwed(sorry for my language) I have just found a horrible worm on my computer that slowly kills my computer and allows hackers to go in and out of my computer like nothing.PLEASE SOMEONE PLEASE WRITE ME A PROGRAM OR SUGGEST SOMETHING TO DO!!! And I can't reformat cuz the worm embeds itslef in the computer so even if I reformat it will still be on there.
  3. If you feel it, conceal it

May I ask what relavence this is to PHP?

ANYWAY, I opened google and the first result helps you

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...wbot.worm.html

Good day
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by cybe
    And I can't reformat cuz the worm embeds itslef in the computer so even if I reformat it will still be on there.
    You really don't have a grasp on how this all works.

There is no "embed"ing

a virus is a file, or script. Maybe a self replicating file or script in some cases.
    It might hide inside another file or it might mascarade as another file.

What does formatting do?

It rewrites the file allocation tables on your hard drive.

It doesn't delete anything, it only creates a new "index" and the old files are overwritten with new files. (hopefully!)

Search active killdisk on google and make sure you know how to use fdisk and format and fully understand the differences between active, logical, and extended partitions before you even start.
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

a virus is a file, or script. Maybe a self replicating file or script in some cases
    The definintion of a virus is that it is self replicating
  9. Defined Group, Inc.

There are a few virii's that embed themselves in images/mp3s (the current problem with iPod[first Mac virus]) as well as exe programs. In essence, it rewrites and compiles the program/image/etc.

Nasty little critters... but usually too complex to be sent far (as they're usually larger in size) due to teh filesize and dialup users.

Also there are a few that place themselves temp. in the RAM. Those are horrible (had them on my servers about a year ago and lost EVERYTHING).

DH
  11. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by dave2k
    The definintion of a virus is that it is self replicating
    So where do we place these batch files then that simply execute and then go passive?
    trojan? Maybe, maybe not.
    If all it does is delete your drive contents....

For simpicity sake, I just prefer to refer to any destructive program or "operation" as a virus.

Mp3's yes! I've come across several of those but had others insist it isn't possible. They hide very well and don't always execute right away. I'm not sure of the structure but I had thought of it more as file padding.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo