April 7th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Virus checking uploaded files
I know how this could be done, but I don't have the right parameters etc. to do it.
I have seen somewhere an example of how to do this. Basically what was done was:
1. File is uploaded to a temp dir.
2. A command triggers Norton Antivirus to check the file.
3. Now there has to be a PHP sleep for a while, to let Norton Antivirus check the file.
4. If the file contains virus, it's deleted, else it's moved to where it's supposed to be.
5. If the move couldn't be done something tells the user the file was infected.
For this to work, you have to set Norton Antivirus to remove the file if a virus is found.
What I need to know is how to trigger Norton and how long php should sleep. A fully finished code example would also be great! Thanks in advance!
April 7th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Have you checked w/ Norton's website, to see if they have an open API for allowing scripts/apps to trigger their software?
Have you searched on Sourceforge/hotscripts/google to see if there's already an app out there that does this (php or otherwise) that you could draw examples from?