1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Exclamation Guidelines for posting HijackThis logs

Guidelines for posting HijackThis logs:

1) Do not under any circumstances, post your log in another person's thread. Create a new thread for your log. If you don't know how to do this, just ask.

2) Do not create multiple threads for the same problem. This just causes extra work for the mods and will not get you help any quicker.

3) Do not post updates about your problem in a new thread. If someone helps you, responds to your thread and asks you to post an updated HijackThis log, please post the updated log in the same thread. Do not create a new thread for your update.

4) Do not continue to create new posts every day. This will not get you help any quicker. It only slows down the process and eats up bandwidth. If you have not received a reply to your original post in three days, you may post an updated HijackThis log. Please mention anything you have done to try and fix your problem since your original post.

5) Do not PM HijackThis logs to helpers. We cannot help you through the messaging system.

6) Be descriptive. Choose a name for your thread that explains your problem in general. Good examples would be "My home page has been hijacked to www.xysearch.biz" or "scvhost.exe is using 100% of my CPU". Do not use titles like "I'm jacked" or "Here's my hijackthis log". The more descriptive you are, the better we can help you!

Thank You,
    The Moderation Team

Comments on this post

• Viper_SB agrees : Informative
    • tigermatt agrees : Good info
    • JLR_84 agrees : Good instructions (cough*cough*..I should've read this and made a more descriptive title on my post)
    Last edited by Tom Myboy; April 7th, 2005 at 08:59 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo