1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Antivirus live virus help

I have the Antivirus live virus on my laptop, following the removal instructions posted around that tell you to download, for example, hijack this and rename it to explorer.exe so you can disable the processes and then use a removal program. The trouble is when I click on these programs on the desktop, its just instantly closing them again saying " file infectced " how do I get around this?

Any help greatly appreciated.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

http://forums.devshed.com/antivirus-protection-117/if-you-have-infection-issues-start-here-first-519852.html
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Chris26
    I have the Antivirus live virus on my laptop, following the removal instructions posted around that tell you to download, for example, hijack this and rename it to explorer.exe so you can disable the processes and then use a removal program. The trouble is when I click on these programs on the desktop, its just instantly closing them again saying " file infectced " how do I get around this?

I had trouble with the Antivirus Live virus (and why aren't these people being arrested? Surely they can be traced through their scammed card charges), and I struggling with it off and on for a day. I'm no computer geek, but I got the idea to shut down for a few minutes, then restart the computer and start the Task Manager as soon as I logged on, BEFORE the virus had a chance to start blocking it. After sifting through the many programs (under the "processes" tab) I wasn't familiar with and trying to determine which were legit and which was the virus, I came upon one that looked suspicious. Unfortunately, since the thing was giving me fits, I didn't think to write down the "exe" file name, but when I right clicked it, I had the option to open the folder it was in, which was "C;\Users\owner\AppData\Local\ahobab" (yeah, THIS I remembered to do) I wasn't able to see/find the "AppData" folder by exploring computor "C;\Users\owner", so keep the folder open after you locate it with the Task Manager. Keeping the folder open, end the process with the Task Manager, then delete the "ahobab" folder, then go to the recycle bin and EMPTY that sucker into oblivion! As for the connection problems, I went into the IExplorerer Internet tools Lan settings and checked the box to let it determine the proper settings again.

I don't think this eliminated all parts of the virus, because I've had just one of those fake warnings again, and some may say this is the wrong way to go about it, but it did give me back control of my computer again, and now I can download the programs to further remove malware and update my virus definitions to completely clean my computer.

Remember, the key is to get the Task Manager started (press the CONTROL/ALT/DELETE buttons simultainiously) right after logging onto the computer, and BEFORE the virus starts up, otherwise the insipid little beast will block it.

I hope this helps someone!

Rad Ripcord
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Chris26

I had this scam recenly, only Spyware Doctor was able to fix my PC (recommeded).
    I can say that it not only showed me alert messages but also enabled my Internet. I had to disable Proxy server for LAN in Internet Explorer. It was done by:
    Tools menu->Internet Options->Connections->LAN settings button->Use a proxy server for your LAN uncheked->OK.
    Hope it helps!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo