1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am in need of serious assistance

Okay. Here is my thing, and boy is it a thing.

I shut down my computer last night and everything was fine, no warnings no problems that I, or AVG, could see. I turned my computer on this morning, went on a couple of sites Hotmail, Youtube, Gmail, and went to work.

I came home tonight and poop had hit the proverbial fan, I no longer have any anti-virus protection and windows is telling me that not 1 or 2, but 34 high to critcal threat infections have been found, ranging from keyloggers (multiple) to Trojan rootkits to Emails redirection software, to name a few.

I have tried getting a new anti-virus but they become corrupted before i even get them unpacked. Is there anything I can do to salvage my computer? I am seriously desperate right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    T00n
  3. They're coming to take me away

Download all the files in the Sticky entitled "if you have infections start here first" at the top of the antivirus forum. If you can't from the infected computer, do it from another on a flash drive. Run through the steps listed.

If you can't install, try renaming the files to something else (ex: rename installation file to document.exe). If you have to rename installation file, you'll probably need to rename executable after its installed.

If you still can't install, try safe mode. During boot up, hit f5 until advanced boot menu shows and then select safe mode. Then run programs.

Comments on this post

• jzd agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thank you for the response, i have attempted to follow all of the steps on the list, but am unable to get any of the downloaded programs to run on my computer, i have tried running them from a thumb drive, importing the installer from one then running, bu tstill they are corrupted before they become usable. any ideas what i should do now?
  7. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by T00n
    Thank you for the response, i have attempted to follow all of the steps on the list, but am unable to get any of the downloaded programs to run on my computer, i have tried running them from a thumb drive, importing the installer from one then running, bu tstill they are corrupted before they become usable. any ideas what i should do now?
    As the 2nd part of my post suggested, try Safe Mode. Have you tried that yet?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo