1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Are my passwords being hacked?!?!

Urgent problem. Just a few minutes ago I was just browsing through some websites (3d modelling tutorial forum) and i got this java pop up asking me for something to run. I didn't think about it to much and let it do it stuff. Seconds later a CMD window comes up and closes shortly and I didnt really get to see what it said in the cmd window. Now a bunch of files appears on the desktop:
    <myname>-PC
    <myname>-PC-IE
    <myname>-PC-OP
    <myname>-PC-CH

The first two .txt files contains ALL MY saved firefox passwords and the file format looks like this(all my username and password details on right)

==================================================
    Record Index : 1
    Web Site : https://www.google.com
    User Name : <my email is shown here....>
    Password : <my password is shown here....>
    User Name Field : Email
    Password Field : Passwd
    Signons File : signons.sqlite
    HTTP Realm :
    ==================================================

ive already begun frantically changing all my passwords and scanning with avast. I need to know what to do next. Getting very scared here..

--
    Edit:Well the first txt files contains all my firefox saved passwords and the PC-IE contains IE password but those are safe somehow. Doesnt show my password
    Last edited by an_azn_guy; May 6th, 2010 at 10:14 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You should probably operate on the assumption all those files are now in some computer somewhere else in the world. There are some hack programs that are designed to steal all passwords from known places like browsers, filezilla, etc. with the intent of sending those passwords to 'hacker central' somewhere.

If you can remove the machine off the net until you're comfortable it's clean.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo