Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What is the best free anti virus software?

I've used various free antivirus software and they have seemed to work just fine, but I'm wondering what the best one is. Does anyone know the best option for me without spending big bucks?
  3. No Profile Picture

No best. Only very good antivirus software such as Avira, Malwarebytes and Panda Cloud Antivirus.
  5. No Profile Picture

AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials have works great for me.
  7. No Profile Picture

AVG Anti virus is best for me...
  9. Contributing User

Kespersky works fine during trial period but after trail you should remove it.
  11. No Profile Picture

To guarantee a good protection you need regular updates (on new viruses etc.) a feature which most free anitivirus software won't give up. Thus, you can never be safe with free antivirus software. Of course it depends on what sites you visit...
  13. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by Ulysses33
    To guarantee a good protection you need regular updates (on new viruses etc.) a feature which most free anitivirus software won't give up. Thus, you can never be safe with free antivirus software. Of course it depends on what sites you visit...
    The only way to guarantee being protected is to never turn on your computer. Even with virus protection (paid or free), you can still receive infections. Whether free or not, updates are performed. Free AV offers limited services and support, but they still update regularly if you have it set to update. Sometimes they may require you to manually update, but they will still update.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I've been using Avira and have no complaints so far. Switched over from AVG.

http://www.free-av.com/
  17. No Profile Picture

If you want a free anti-virus I recommend in order of popularity, but please choose the right one for you (install only one):
    Kaspersky and ESET NOD32 are the best paid for anti-virus programs.
  19. No Profile Picture

Need help too...

There are lots of free antivirus softwares over the internet and one person can easily get their hands on them without any trouble I know but I am quite confused with which one is best for my computer system... Can anyone suggest?
  21. No Profile Picture

please explain more

i believe you guys know a lot already about these "antivirus" things and programs. To tell you more about myself, i am quite old but still eager to learn. can anyone be kind enough to elaborate more on these things. i'm just looking for a good and effective antivirus program to put in my computer that can put me at ease. thank you very much
  23. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by grandpa48
    i believe you guys know a lot already about these "antivirus" things and programs. To tell you more about myself, i am quite old but still eager to learn. can anyone be kind enough to elaborate more on these things. i'm just looking for a good and effective antivirus program to put in my computer that can put me at ease. thank you very much
    Did you bother to read the entire thread or did you just post blindly? There are many suggestions already listed throughout this thread as to what people prefer. There is no such thing as "best antivirus program", as people like different software for different reasons. But there are many suggestions for you to choose from already mentioned.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  25. No Profile Picture

Again and again i say - there are no one best antivirus software.
    You have to know, if you say - this antivirus is the best it would be best in:
    - mailware;
    - spyware;
    - antispam;
    - file antivirus protection
    and etc...

Today, we have not one antivirus that best in all categories.
    One best in spyware protection, other in antispam and etc.

Only tests and reviews can show who is best

Some detailed information about antivirus software you can find in http://www.top-antivirus-review.com
  27. No Profile Picture

thanks

Originally Posted by hiker
    Did you bother to read the entire thread or did you just post blindly? There are many suggestions already listed throughout this thread as to what people prefer. There is no such thing as "best antivirus program", as people like different software for different reasons. But there are many suggestions for you to choose from already mentioned.
    thank you for taking time in answering my question, like what i have said in my introduction, i am an old person already and that these technical things that are posted here is a bit hard to understand. i already read the ones posted above but somehow i don't understand well. and i am also a bit doubtful about what should i do. i might make a mistake.
  29. No Profile Picture

thank you sir titan

Originally Posted by _Titan_
    Again and again i say - there are no one best antivirus software.
    You have to know, if you say - this antivirus is the best it would be best in:
    - mailware;
    - spyware;
    - antispam;
    - file antivirus protection
    and etc...

Today, we have not one antivirus that best in all categories.
    One best in spyware protection, other in antispam and etc.

Only tests and reviews can show who is best
    thank you sir titan for being so kind and detailed in explaining. I would go and look at that website you want to show. If i have further questions, i hope that i can ask you again. Thank you very much. i greatly appreciate your help.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo