1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need and anti-virus app for special application

I need an anti virus app that is really Top Notch that will only scan a certain folder I tell it to or scan the folder live or on demand.

Only this one folder must be scanned. I do not want the app to scan the whole drive.

What I am doing is using Sandboxie for my protection and downloads. I want to be able to scan the download folder for virus's/malware before I move the downloads out of the sandbox to my regular drive so I only need the sandbox folder scanned.

Does anyone know of an anti-virus app that I can set up to do this?
  3. They're coming to take me away

Not sure which ones offer scanning live, but as far as scanning specific folders, most antivirus programs should accomplish this. Most allow you to either scan the entire computer or just certain folders. I use AVG, and you can, as well as many other programs, disable scheduled scans of the entire computer.

You can schedule a scan to run every few minutes or hour or whatnot of the particular folder you want.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi!
    I think, you should right click on the specific folder to scan it. If your anti-virus does not allow that then, please check the setting of your anti-virus.
    Thank you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo