1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Oh My ****ing christ, help!

I think i have a virus in my computer!

My brother had downloaded something, but he doesn't know what it is and it it is going on my hotmail and sending people a random file, and i am getting a ****load of failed messages as well.

I have noticed that my startmenu recently used programs box is completely blank and when i looked for solutions, most of them wanted me to change registry settings. When i started looking through registries for the registries i had to edit, THEY WEREN'T THERE! There were some random files and none of which were for what i needed to do.

I searched up one of the registry entries and it said i had a trojan.startmenu or something like that.

Please help!

I would also like to know if a recently installed antivirus program can fix my registry values. If not what can i do!!!

Also, when i go to "Run" and try to write %appdata% to get to my roaming files it does not let me go through, it says it doesnt exist except that i had gone there a million times and it worked until now.

Please help!!!!
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

You have to be more specific / detailed when you post.
    What did you change? what told you to change this?

But first, start with reading ALL the stickies. They will tell you what you can/should, including creating a "HijackThis" report.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am currently scanning the computer with Webroot antivirus with Spy Sweeper and it probably will remove the viruses.

But!

I am concerned about the registry. The registry is messed up to the point that the windows startmenu won't show me recent programs, instead it shows me a white box and i can't get to my roaming folder.

I can post the scan results from webroot, but i am not really sure how.

And it's not done yet.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo