1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Jnf.exe trojan attack!

This file has taken over various tools, like regedit, and also won't let me open The Internet or any control panel sevice list or install any type of software, (anti-virus) and such. Whenever I try to do the mentioned above, a njf.exe process appears on the task manager.

I have tried Safe mode, with administrator logon and installed anti-virus software + removing all malicious stuff; edited registry. but when I restart windows that item still there.

Don't know what to do next really, and hoping for some help.

Thanks,
    Homey
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Your best bet is probably to wipe the disk and reinstall windows then carefully restore uninfected items from your backups. It's the only way to be sure your computer is clean.

But if you want to try, look around bleepingcomputer.com for some instructions how to run blocked programs by renaming them to .com or something similar. Also try opening taskman then using the taskman menu to run programs.

Run multiple scanners and removal tools. There is no 'one size fits all'.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I always managed to stop the process which I found surprising, I had another virus that only attacked the Task manager and not regedit. The problem took me a while to find it, but I managed. This one seems different.

It seems that this file is in my documents & Settings\local settings\application data folder, but is well hidden somewhere in there and can not manually delete it.

I found it with Trojan Killer, but because of the low resolution of Safe mode could not find the "fix" button.

Yes, that is my next move to wipeout the drive but I'm hoping there's a simpler solution here.

Thanks for the help tho...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo