1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Windows Security Essentials?

Is Windows Security Essential any good?

I've been using it for a month now and it usually catches all Trojan viruses. However, I am noticing a lil bit slow in my Laptop's performance.. I doubt, its because its unable to catch all viruses.
    Am I right?

Any views? Your experience with Windows Security Essentials?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I use it on a few computers. I'd use NOD32 on all my windows computers if it were also free, but MSE is the best of the free AV programs I've tried (imho).
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I would agree with Doug, I use it on my PC and I've installed it on my families computers.

If you MSE keeps warning you about viruses, then you should be careful about what sites you visit, programs you run, etc... It's also possible your machine was compromised before installing MSE; which always makes it much harder to remove the virus (as opposed to MSE being proactive and being installed before your machine gets an infection).
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by seack79
    I would agree with Doug, I use it on my PC and I've installed it on my families computers.

If you MSE keeps warning you about viruses, then you should be careful about what sites you visit, programs you run, etc... It's also possible your machine was compromised before installing MSE; which always makes it much harder to remove the virus (as opposed to MSE being proactive and being installed before your machine gets an infection).
    Well, for now.. there is only one problem.. When windows Load up, the icons load after some delay. They remain like white scrap icons and then come one by one delaying. But once windows is fully load, there is no flaw in performance.

Do You think, its because of the virus?
  9. No Profile Picture

Three years ago I was using Windows Security Essentials and it was a good anti-virus. When my friend introduce Kaspersky, I was amazed by it's security and protection. I don't have much problem about WSE but I love Kaspersky now.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo