1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Good antivirus that lets you choose whether to delete a "virus" or not

Im looking for an antivirus or an internet security suite that lets the user decide what will happen if a "virus" is found. I dont want antiviruses like BitDefender or Norton to delete a "virus" by the time it reaches the computer. I dont want to look at the quarantine to mark files as excluded, either. The same thing happens with eset products, too. I have tried Kaspersky and it does let the user decide, but its too "heavy" for my computer. Another product similar to Kaspersky is Microsoft Security Essentials, but it is not a complete solution. It relies on virus definitions and doesnt have an engine to detect newly released viruses. So, if you have any experience with antiviruses and know the antivirus that will work for me, please let me know.

EDIT: I found out Norton lets you choose what to do with detected viruses, but only with the non-critical ones. However, I still want to know what antivirus lets you decide completely, so please let me know.
  3. No Profile Picture

I have a similar problem and currently i am using Nortan Internet security trial version and its not too good infact my laptop speed has slowed down. please let me know if you find a better antivirus that takes less space and does a good job.. Also tell me the source where i can download it???

thanks..
  5. No Profile Picture

I believe Avast Antivirus allows you to choose what to do with a "virus".
  7. Contributing User

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security for 2 years and they are quiet reliable and user friendly. They always warns me for virus and malware activities on my computer. Their antivirus even protects and restricts the access to infected websites. The best part is they offer our suggestion to what we need to do with the virus or malware detected on my computer.
  9. No Profile Picture

I use many antivirus but I choose the Avast. It is wonderful antivirus to clean the virus from system.
  11. No Profile Picture

My choice is Nod32. Its performance is good enough and, as for me, can allow to solve all related problems.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo