1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Apache 2.2 logs to include # in web page access

I can not seem to find an answer to this through Google, so I'm hoping I can get some help here. I have a requirement to track # (pound mark) web page access through the Apache 2.2 logs.

An example is: (used the word "dot" to avoid URL restrictions in posts)

www(dot)test(dot)com/test.cfm#SomeID

It has been requested that I compile a report using the Apache Logs to identify web page access statistics. The logs currently record the hit access to test.cfm but truncates the #SomeID information and I've been unable to find an Apache log command to include it.

Anyone have an idea on how to include the #SomeID information in the Apache Logs?
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, delar.

What you're trying to do is not possible. The hash (also called "fragment identifier") is not sent to the server with the rest of the URL. The only way to track it would be to use (client-side) JavaScript and even then, I don't know of a way to get the information into the Apache logs.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thank you for the information.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo