1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Apache on linux and windows

i'm working on a website at the moment and up to the cross-browser checking. my stage server is a linux machine running apache, i develop on a linux machine and there is a windows 7 machine for testing.

when viewing the site on my localhost and on the server in firefox and chrome it looks fine.

when in ie on the windows machine the version served from the server the layout is broken (images repeating, extra padding on elements) but viewing the same site served by the localhost (apache) in ie it looks fine.

i am assuming it is the difference between apache on linux and windows which is causing the issues since php versions are identical (5.2) but i've never heard of this before.

anyone got any comments or suggestions?

(annoyingly when it goes live it'll be on a linux server so i still need to fix these issues...)
  3. Jealous Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Grab the HTML of the page from both sites and compare the two: any differences? How about for the CSS and other related resources? Also check for errors reported by IE (and even by the other browsers).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo