1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Commercial use/company internal use of Apache

Hello,
    I know that maybe this question is being asked frequently, but here I haven't found any answer about it and Im a bit confused.

Can I install Apache HTTP Server inside company intranet for free, without any charge or requests, and serve there internal web application just for internal users? I have found statement in Apache FAQ, that:

"..It allows you to:
    freely download and use Apache software, in whole or in part, for personal, company internal, or commercial purposes;.."

but, than there are two requirements:
    It requires you to:
    "... - include a copy of the license in any redistribution you may make that includes Apache software;
    - provide clear attribution to The Apache Software Foundation for any distributions that include Apache software..."

What these requirements mean exactly? Are they automatically approved, when I just serve internal web app on Apache? So I can just download latest version of Apache, install it, configure and thats it?

Thanks for your reply
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Read those requirements carefully.
    include a copy of the license in any redistribution you may make that includes Apache software
    You are not (re)redistributing anything, and the nothing that you're distributing doesn't include Apache software.
    provide clear attribution to The Apache Software Foundation for any distributions that include Apache software
    Again, you are not distributing anything.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo