1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to configure to open website withtou typing www?

I'm new in server related work. My website opens only if visitor type www.rishi.com.np and generally visitor don't type www at that time browser search and display website not found result. I want to configure server so that i can open website without typing www. What is the problem? Please help me.

RISHI RAM GAUTAM
  3. No Profile Picture

This is a simple problem to rectify. If you have access to your web server then you need to adjust the DNS configuration and enable or disable the www/no-www functionality. You can also setup your server to have both www and non-www so they goto the same pages (multiple headers is what itís called in IIS).

If you donít have access to your webserver then you need to telephone your web hosting company and talk to them. If they can adjust your DNS settings then fine, if not then there is another way around this, you can set up a Ď301 Redirectí
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Will you tell me how to do 301 redirect?

Please tell me how to do redirect 301 redirect to open website without typing www

rishi
  7. mod_dev_shed
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Thread closed ... please only have one thread per topic/problem.

How to use 301 redirect to open site without www
    # Jeremy

Explain your problem instead of asking how to do what you decided was the solution.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo