1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Dedicated server configuration.

Hello,

I manage a website that is found on a dedicated server. I use ispconfig as administration panel.

My problem is:
    If use on my website CURL for example in index.php and request another page from my website eg index2.php it says that host not found.

I tried php function uses gethostbyname with my website name parameter but I did not receive an IP, a sign that does not find the host, which is a little absurd because the i can enter the website.

Another strange thing is that if I try CURL or gethostbyname from another website and another host to my site everything is working.

It's like my site does not know of its existence.

Another thing to mention is that if you try to enter the site using my IP address says server not found.

What should I change in ispconfig or what I can do to solve this problem?

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you edit the file /etc/hosts as root you can add an entry that maps your domain name to 127.0.0.1; that should at least fix the problem with the name not resolving. I'm not familiar with ispconfig so I don't know if there is some way to do it from that.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Unless you specially configured ispconfig3 your website won't be accessible by IP, only by name.

As for your other problem, my guess is the router/firewall on your dedicated server doesn't allow "loop-around" tcp access. It can be a security hazard for a network admin to allow a computer "inside" the network to access itself via the public ip.

Here's one page of interesting reading, although about a different product.

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/NAT_Loopback_Routers
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo