1. Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Best (easiest) Mail Server solution

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for the assistance I've garnered from this forum over the last month or so, really top-notch.

I am looking for a simple mail solution. I would like to send mail (not necessary to receive) via PHP. I have installed and am running Invision Power Board which runs on PHP that is capable of sending mail with no problems. However, I am trying to set-up a feedback/guestbook form that sends an email confirmation through basic scripting. I changed the info for SMTP, but can't authenticate my access.

I can find no way to authenticate my SMTP server (Yahoo! premium) in the raw script. Is there a simple solution that I have overlooked?

XP, Apache 2.044, PHP 4.31, MySQL, mod_perl 1.99-09, Perl 5.8 - and a beer that usually sits next to my mouse.

Cheers.

BTW: pls don't bother responding "mttatkns", I have you on ignore; you crack me up "a.koepke" -
    Last edited by jeffmonteith; April 3rd, 2003 at 12:03 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Got source?
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

1) How does this relate to Apache?
    2) It would be better for you to run your own server than rely upon another (figure if they went out of business, you'd have to rewrite your script)
    3) You can't use sendmail because you system is not Linux.
  5. Second highest poster :p
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Firstly as mttatkns posted this really dont belong in this forum, there is a forum for Mail Servers.

Have a look at this thread, Ctb has posted a heap of links to different solutions

Missing sendmail on win32!
    - Andreas Koepke

Koepke Photography

7. Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Feel free to move this to the SMTP forum. Who knew that the elusive SMTP forum was only one level up from the Apache forum?

BTW Andreas, thanks for the link. Somewhere at the bottom of the referenced post I found a link to a great program called Mail Express Pro who's sole purpose in life is to deliver mail without the use of a dedicated server.

Works great with php or anything else for that matter. Cheers.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo