1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am on a dedicated host machine from Dell (RedHat 6.2), and I am trying to get set up with MySQL and PHP. I have installed MySQL, but PHP installation got me in reinstalling Apache to include the PHP module.

The initial setup provided by Dell included Apache 1.3.11. I downloaded and attempted to install 1.3.12. Before I started messing with this, I was able to surf to a standard default page at 216.205.78.194. Since then, however, I am only getting a message that says "The requested URL / was not found on this server."

The error_log file contains several lines that say "Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 80."

Can someone tell me what this error message means and what I need to do to get going?

Thanks,

Rick Toews
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Although I still don't know the meaning of the error message and would be interested in learning it, I believe I have corrected the problem.

I issued the command ps -aux and killed the httpd processes from June 2 (the day I installed the newer version of Apache). After that, I was able to surf to the default page for my IP address.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo